Sunday, June 13, 2010

Future Implementation

As I was researching some of the technologies, there were many that I found that would benefit all of my students. Here are the ones that I really liked for my content:

Google Earth: free (would allow my students to visit the ancient civilizations we study by viewing satellite imagery, maps, terrain, and 3D buildings.)

Google Earth Lit Trips: free (would connect the civilizations that are studied in my classroom to literature that goes along with the content.)

This year I had a student that really struggled with dysgraphia. He was not on an IEP but he had a 504. There weren’t very many resources for me to use to work with him. I thought that this guide would have offered some great advice for me:

Handwriting Solutions Problem Guide: $34.95 (offers resource guides and Handwriting Solutions equipment, resources, and teaching strategies for kids with writing disabilities)

3 comments:

  1. I have not heard of Google Earth Lit Trips. I have used Google Earth and really enjoy it. I think that the Lit trips could really help some students who need the visual input get into the stories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Google Earth is really cool! I have also never heard of Google Earth Lit Trips and I think that it would be fabulous to connect places to literature! Great way to integrate the curriculum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My suggestion: Get fonts for teachers right now and see students handwriting/penmanship/reading problem go away. I was in the same situation and things have changed almost overnight. If I am not mistaken you can find it at
    www.fonts4teachers.com
    ..or you can google it.
    Great post
    Dana Tse
    Spe.Ed.Teacher

    ReplyDelete