Sunday, June 27, 2010

Data Projection

As I was getting ready to write this lesson I thought it would be really easy. I use data projection in my classroom multiple times during a class period. Data projection systems can display your computer image and “can also display a videotape, a TV program from the school’s cable connection, or the images from your digital camera” (Lever-Duffy & McDonald; p. 148). I typically use this projection for displaying notes, projects, and showing videos.

As I was writing this lesson plan, I wanted to try something different. Since I teach ancient civilizations, I thought it would be cool to use the projection to take a virtual field trip with my class. I found an awesome webquest on the Great Wall of China. (http://www.chinavista.com/travel/greatwall/greatwall.html) This website has lots of pictures as well as information. At times I have had students explore websites like this on their own, but this one looks a little bit challenging; however, it has great information. I decided this would be great to go through as a class. As we do it together, I can point out key information and the students will fill out a worksheet as we go over it. I thought this would also be a great way to utilize the airliner. As a page pops up with an answer on it, I can have a student use the airliner to highlight where they found the answer on the website. This will be a great visual for all students.

The reason I choose a lesson like this is that I am able to use it this year. I already have the projection and the airliner so I would not need to purchase any extra technology for this lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment